Wednesday 30 December 2009

Review of the last decade....



Somebody mentioned a review of the decade on facebook and I decided to blog about things which have meant something to me, personnally. You will probably find alot of it boring, but it is theraputic for me! They come in no particular order.




I had the car of my dreams, my MINI COOPER - our first ever brand new car



I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Breast Cancer



I fought and beat Stage 3 Breast Cancer



I beat depression in 2008 following therapy with a brilliant guy Dave Atkinson and for the first time in my life, accepted myself



I beat my disordered eating pattern


I lost all my hair!


I gave birth to my second son Harry Llewelyn in May 2001


9/11 and the aftermath


My son was diagnosed autistic and I fought for years to get help for him and I eventually did!


I re-trained as a dog groomer


I set up and ran a successful part time business as a dog groomer for 4 years until cancer struck


I have had my hair long, short and bald!


I learnt how to blog and opened up a whole new world of friendship


Tony Blair got kicked out of government - sadly, not before he did the country alot of damage


The unnecessary war in Afghanistan and loss of so many livesI met HM the Queen and Prince Philip when they visited Wrexham. What a charming couple!


I did the Race for Life in 2008 - my first ever race


I got back together with my dad


I started running seriously


I made a Digital Story about Harry to help teach those in authorities how hard it is for children like him


I got my eldest son through his "issues" and at the age of 9 he actually ate Pizza (mixed up food)



The list is endless but to sum it up... it has been a difficult decade for me in lots of ways. I have battled and conquered disordered eating and depression. I have had two children with special needs and I have dealt with them successfully. If they hadn't had me as a mum, they would be prisoners of their own disorder. I have battled cancer and come out the other side. I lived for 3 years with virtually no sleep because Harry was such a troubled sleeper. Despite it all..... I am HERE and I am ready, just ready to make the next decade count.


10 comments:

  1. What you should have also added to that was 'I have become an inspiration for others' because you have certainly inspired me! I have had my difficulties over the last decade, as I am sure many others have too, but none have beaten me either! As my mum always used to say to me when I was feeling a bit down, or angry, about life 'There are always people in this world much worse off than you my love, make the most of what you have and every day you live, because this is it, it is not a dress rehearsal, you only get one shot'! You are a truly special person Sara, and I am so glad I have met you, one of the things in this last decade that I am very happy about! Sharon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognized a WOW woman the first time I read about you. I am so thankful I met you and know you are moving on. Blessings to you and all your loved ones.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not boring at all, my dear!!!! You've been dealt a difficult hand but you have successfully overcome lots of these obstacles. You have much to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an amazing woman and incredible mum. You deserve that beautiful red mini cooper and oh so much more for all you have done in the past decade!

    I hope the next decade brings you exciting adventures and a few less difficult obstacles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had many challenges but have met them face on and I so applaud you for that. May the next decade bring you much happiness, it your time now........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a strong and couragous person you are, this all makes me wish i really knew you, not just at a distance but up close. you must have a lot of wisdom to share.
    have a great 2010. hugs to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading your messages with tears in my eyes, you are all so kind. Its your words which keep me going. Thank you, I am so glad to have you all as friends! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sara
    You are a inspiration to many ....you are strong, beautiful, loving, courageous and so so much more. You are a amazing woman, wife and mother, daughter. All the best to you and your family....you came out a winner and it makes me happy.
    May the new year bring you health, love, happiness and all that you deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing journey. I find cancer is enough of a battle never mind all the other things you are going through.

    You are an amazing and caring lady and don't you forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an inspiration you are! This review of your decade is amazing. Here's to many joy-filled experiences and opportunities in the coming ten years!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!