Above: Joe and Harry at Rossett Senotaph, Christ Church Rossett. Joe must have been aged 5 and Harry aged 2 1/2 - we used to have such fun and we will again!
Alot of things are changing in my life.
I say "annus oriblus" (did I spell that correctly) to 2009 - I will glad to see its end because it is a year that has seen my life turned upside down.
I started off the year with a successful Mobile Dog Grooming business, almost completed training for my first 10K race, aspirations to run a half marathon towards the end of the year and hoping to get down to my old weight following a blip with my health...... Mr Cochranes words ring true in my head over and over and over "I have just about ruined this year for you but the next 40 are going to be great..."
Already I am starting to get excited about getting my life back. Let me share with you what I am planning to do once my treatment is over:
1. Lose the weight I wanted to lose this year
2. Train from scratch to run my first 10K
3. Book a holiday to a foreign resort, take my children abroad for the first time
4. Train in REIKI so that I can use this on my dogs and customers
5. Thinking about doing a writing course and putting my life down on paper for my children
6. Looking forward to swimming again.... I have really missed swimming and running
7. So excited about re-vamping our bedroom - we ordered the fitted wardrobes today!
8. PARTY! I really want a party to celebrate life (anyone want to come?)
9. I want to go on an all day pony trek, have seen a place in Snowdonia which appeals
10. GATHERING - I am looking forward to this event in January
11. I am looking forward to the Christmas party with some really great friends
12. Race for Life 2010
13. Climb mount Snowdon again (possibly with Mike Peters) for Snowdon Rocks 4??????
14. Do a half marathon in aid of cancer research and certainly the Love, Hope, Strength Foundation
If I have any more ideas I will let you know!
I am just looking forward to getting my life back.
I have decided not to rush back into work. I will groom the customers dogs who have stuck by me through this battle and am considering a re-launch of an establishment. Lugging heavy equipment around is hard and will be even harder now that my right side is effected, I have to be kind to my body because it has been through so much and has been so good to me.
I am looking forward to finding my spirituality again. I want to open my mind and soul, surround myself in positive energy and help others. So I won't be rushing back to work. I want to enjoy my life, my children and I want to get my fitness levels back up to what they were and more....