Sunday 17 May 2009

Session 3/12: Marley and Me



The chilli night was a success, we had a lovely evening and I managed to stay up until 11pm! However, I drank too much wine and had a dreadful hangover the next day. I ended up having a cold shower to cool me down which is such a change for me because chemo makes me so cold I am not used to being warm. Yesterday (hangover gone) I was wearing two jumpers and a woolly hat. Mind you, the weather isn't too good; cold, dull, miserable and so much rain! Harry went horse riding and Lisa's farm house (his tutor) was flooded - poor thing!

Last night we watched "Marley and Me" which was brilliant. I read the book a couple of years ago and loved it but it made me cry so much, the ending still haunts me. I cried buckets last night too, it was a great film but makes me think of all the dogs I have loved and lost in my life. My most special dog was Bobbi, I have talked about her before in my blog. She was with me for five years then died of leukemia. I miss her.

Thing is, there is a speech on the film which made me think about the dogs I love in my life; dogs accept you for who you are, they don't care if you are naggy, tired, bald or ill, they just love you for you. That is why I am so in love with dogs! Mind you, my dogs know when I am worried or ill, they become depressed and sigh alot so that is my incentive to keep up beat and well because I dont like to see them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!