Sunday 31 May 2009

Sess 4/12 Thank you Fellow Bloggers (Friends)

I just wanted to say thank you for all of your kind comments and support, not just after yesterdays blog but through out this journey so far. You are all helping me with my fight and I wanted you all to know just what a difference you are making to my life.
The pills the doctor gave me (taken 4 times per day) are working and the discomfort is not so intense now. Things still are not as they should be but I will go to see my own doctor this week and discuss a long term plan of action while I am having chemo.
I have the same problem as Stephanie with fruit because I get chronic heartburn for which I am on medication. I always take a prebiotic supplement which helps but I think I am just going to have to work my way through this and when chemo ends, this problem will too. I will try the linseeds though. I was advised agains suppositories because of the risk of infection. Apparently the chemo attacks the delicate linings of your body so the risk is higher if you start fiddling!
I noticed two indentations in my arm yesterday, just above my elbow, they seem to come and go but must be something to do with my veins and how chemo is affecting them. I know alot of you guys have ports or picc lines but I have a canula inserted each time I go for chemo. The drill is to put your hands in a bowl of hot water and pray that your veins come up!! The last two rounds have been placed into a vein in my wrist which isn't pleasant. Then comes the heated wrap placed around your arm so that when the chemo goes in, your veins don't shut down.
I have also noticed little thread veins appearing on my arm, nobody else would know they were there but I do. There are a cluster of brown marks around the inner elbow too which look like bruises and on my hand, you can actually see the veins are bruised internally.
Sorry, me talking about the state of my veins isn't a very interesting blog but I thought I would share it with you because this is a side effect most of you won't get. I start CMF on 11th June which isn't supposed to irritate the veins as much, this is a good thing really because I get two rounds within a week of each other!
Happy days!
I HAVE ADDED A VIDEO TOOL BAR TO THE END OF MY PAGE AND THERE ARE SOME BRILLIANT CLIPS FROM MIKE PETERS, THE ALARM AND LOVE HOPE STRENGTH FOUNDATION. HOPEFULLY YOU CAN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MIKE AND WHY HE IS SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO ME WITH MY OWN FIGHT WITH CANCER. ENJOY!

4 comments:

  1. Sharing helps all of us. Feel free.

    Love your new video bar. I expect to spend quite a bit of time there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara to post a video to your blog:

    1) go to you tube and find the video
    2) on the right hand side is something called an embedded code. Once you click inside there, it will give you some options on size and stuff ... you can play with that. Once you have what you want, copy the code into your new post. The paste must be into the Edit Html tab. (just beside the compose tab).
    3) give it a try and if you have any other problems go to this website or ask me.

    http://www.blogtraffictips.net/2007/12/how-to-add-video-to-blog-post.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Daria, I will try this because some of Mike Peters videos are quite cool especially his messages about his own fight with cancer x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Sara - everything you write is worth reading. I'm here for you and hoping you are having a good day!! Blessings, Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!