Wednesday 6 May 2009

Session 3/12: Been to the docs....


I visited my doctor this morning and I joked about having a weekly ticket there! She has prescribed some anti-acid tablets and enough to keep me going through the rest of my chemo, what a star!


I am lucky to have a small doctors surgery in the village. It is in a converted house and has lovely staff there including a nurse! I really do value their service especially in recent years when I have had problems with asthma, blood pressure, hormones and digestion. Now cancer!


The front garden is surrounded by a high hedge and the garden itself is full of Hebes and Bluebells. As I walked down the footpath their perfume lifted my spirits, oh what therapy!


I met my friends for lunch at the Alyn Pub which is also on the same road as the doctors. It is situated by the River Alyn and next to the main bridge over. On one side of the road is an old Flour Mill which is now home to BASC, The British Association of Shooting and Conservation and on the other side is a very, very old mill made from timber and recently refurbished. I am so lucky to live in such a picture-esque village.


Lunch with my friends, hearing about Helens sky dive and watching the DVD, hearing just how much she has raised for MS and good food... lifted my spirits. Janet commented that my eyes were much brighter now.


I just count my blessings for they are friends........... Thank you, you all know who you are!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you have something to combat the indigestion...doctors are amazing when we need something for all these side effects.

    A beautiful day, beautiful surroundings, beautiful friends...it doesn't get much better than that! Glad you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day! That is fantastic! Nothing like lunch and girl talk to help us forget the challenges we are dealing with. I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice day you had. Sounds uplifting and pleasant.

    Breeze

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!