Monday 31 August 2009

Bank Holiday Weekend

I took the above flower picture for COLOUR CARNIVAL. The flowers are at my mums house and I think that the colours are divine!


It was a bank holiday weekend this time, so we all have an extra day together which is nice. Jason fitted our new garden gate which is solid wood. We have been meaning to do this for years and at last it is done. It means that we have more privacy and the dogs won't be able to see through it and bark lots. Well done Jason!

The boys went riding on Saturday and then on to the Glyn Ceiriog Horse Show where Eleri did well on her pony Ernie. I stayed at home because I was feeling so tired and it was nice to be able to chill for a bit. I must admit that I did pay a brief visit to the Grosvenor Garden Centre to purchase an anniversary card for Jason.

Sunday was a home day but was topped off well with a party at our neighbours house. We were dancing on their decking - such a cool night even in the rain! I wished I had taken some photographs.
Sunflower taken at my mums house


Today we have just been chilling. Harry made me some breakfast which consisted of two pieces of toast with marmite, crisps and an apple!
My veins are nice and ripe at the moment, ready for more chemo on Thursday. Only two more sessions to go now so I hope and pray that my veins don't let me down.

6 comments:

  1. I confess, even though I lived in England for several years, I never came to understand the attraction of marmite.

    Or how it ever became popular.

    Was it a form of British humour I never managed to "get".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a lovely weekend...and the joy in staying home to rest because of the fatigue meant all that fabulous dancing on the deck!!!

    Here's to hoping those luscious veins remain so plump!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like Harry made you a delicious healthy breakfast. Marmite I have not had for years since I was a youngster living in England.
    Get some rest before your next chemo....you are almost at the end! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those are the pretties flower pics. I absolutely love flowers. In May we got to go to a flower and garden festival at Disney's Epcot. Millions ans millions of flowers. I thought I was in heaven. And I got to go to the UK!! Well, Disney's UK. LOL. Thanks for posting those pretty oics. Praying for you Thursday! @ more. I'm soo excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Color Carnival shot Sara. Glad things are going well and you've been having a good time - two sessions to go - now that's something to celebrate! You will be in my thoughts and prayers! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you have to be born in the UK to appreciate Marmite. Glad you had a relaxing weekend. My poor flowers suffered greatly due to neglect, too much rain and cold.

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!