Saturday 15 August 2009

Feeling Weird (Colour Carnival)

At the Shooting Star Unit where I receive my treatment, there are lots of large windows. Some look out onto cultivated garden areas, works of art and others are covered in murials such as these. Each tile is individually painted and when the sun shines through them, the colours are spectacular. I love them. I have entered them into the COLOUR CARNIVAL.

So sorry that my pictures don't capture their beauty. I have ordered a new camara though, moving on from an old fashioned snappy to something in between so maybe I can take some better shots at a later date.
I had chemo on Thursday, session 7 - I have the usual side effects; weakness, digestive upset, stomach acid, tiredness, head buzzing. Normally by now the weakness has passed but my arms feel so weak it is difficult even holding them up to type. My temperature is ok, feel ok (as much as you can when your body is filled with poisen) but my arms are freaky! Lets hope this is just a cumulative effect of CMF and it will pass soon.




My boys are back from camping at Alvin and Llinos's house and had a fab time, our friends are so hospitable and lovely, good friends to have! I am glad they are back home though, the house was quiet without them. Mind you, it was nice having a little peace and my dogs kept me company.



Had a bit of a freaky moment last night though. Pickles has a little infection around her mouth. I have washed her beard with cold tar soap and treated it with antisceptic cream and its getting better but I found her glands up around her neck. My darling dog Bobbi was the same age as Pickles when I made the same discovery and it turned out that she had lymphoma..... I keep telling myself that her glands are up because of the small infection..... I can't help but worry though....... If they don't go down by the end of the week I will go to see my vet Howard Davies at Rhyd Broughton Vetinary Centre.



14 comments:

  1. How perfect for the Color Carnival Sara. I can only begin to imagine the beauty as the sun shines through!
    I sure hope you are feeling better soon. I'll send up a little prayer for you and for Pickles too *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara! A cool and soothing view. The heart shape is very interesting with its different colors. Nothing less than a ray of sunshine and a ray of hope glistening though the windows! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the others. The colors and soothing aspect of the photos is strong. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... How wonderful the colors shining through the windows.... Hope you and Pickles have a good week... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time here. Sorry to hear about your bout with cancer. And Pickles, too.

    The photo is beautiful.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sara, I love your photos of the colorful murial! I am sorry that you are feeling yuck from chemo. I am sending both you and Pickles healing energy and love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your lovely comments, they make such a difference to my day and to my spirits. The Shooting Star Unit where I get treatment is a lovely place (despite why you are there). The ornamental gardens are pretty, the wall hangings and painted glass. Someone has put so much thought into trying to make it a better place for what we all go there for x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there darling girl. SUCH fabulous photos ...very inspirational.

    Sending you much love and light and prayers from the land down under. Keep in touch ..I love your spirit, even when you are laughing at me hahahaha

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty windows and kudos to the Shooting Star Unit for bringing beauty to what otherwise is a terrifying experience. How much more chemo do you have to go through?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sara, I left a response to your comment over at my party post. Hope you are felling well today. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sara, thanks for visiting our blog (a corgi in southern california) and your kind words. I am sorry you are battling cancer; I can't imagine how difficult it must all be, especially coping with it all and raising a family. I thought that quilt was very colorful; thanks for sharing it. So glad you have good friends that can help out as they can and watch your children for a bit to help you.

    one of my favorite Bible verses is Jeremiah 32:27 "I am the Lord, God of all mankind, is anything too hard for me?"

    I pray that a lot when I'm going through struggles (which is nothing like what you are going through). He is God and in control; trusting is hard to do (I struggle with it constantly)

    hugs to you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first visit to your blog. Those are lovely shots of the colorful windows.

    I hope you are feeling better after your last chemo treatment soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so beautiful!
    take care of yourself and wishing you a speedy recovery from your illness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post - mouth cancer pictures ..Keep Posting


    Ron
    mouth cancer pictures

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!