Thursday 13 August 2009

Friday Shoot Out - Relaxation (a day early)

So many ways to chill and relax..... I have learnt them all since February 2009 and my war with breast cancer, so how do I capture them on film? Great challenge. I put on my thinking cap and came up with a selection of photographs. My first is...... watching my baby boys sleep. When they sleep they are so innocent, full of peace and my heart brims with sincere and pure love for them. Above is Harry aged 8.
Above: my little Sunshine Boy - Joseff aged 10

I love it on the beach no matter what the weather. It is so lovely just to sit and watch the waves, listen to the sound of the sea, collect stones and shells....... and writing in the sand!!!!!



I love walking in the woods, again, no matter what the season, there is a gift in each one. Here Springtime is depicted in Darland Woods with the first scatterings of heavenly Bluebells and wild garlic.... ooooh I can just smell the cascade of perfume - wonderful!


Of course I love parties! Relaxing with friends, fun with good, sincere friends.



Unplanned days out with my family and the dogs. Always good fun when you just "follow your nose and heart"





Finally, relaxation for me is knowing that my children are healthy, happy and safe. When those three elements come together I can truly relax and enjoy life.





24 comments:

  1. what a lovely post- I loved the sleeping pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful boys Sara..
    Its lovely to see

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can say, kids photos are so real and fun. Their faces show real happiness and real emotions. I like the first two photos of relaxation. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post!
    A walk in the woods is just what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and know what you mean about children. I am the most relax when I know they are happy and content. Yours are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable pictures of your boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well now, these are all just to cute and great shots of Relaxation.
    Have a relaxed weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pics. I love your way of capturing the beach on film. Also I read your info. We have a miniature schnauzer too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always relaxin' to watch your babies sleep :) And the photo of the woods is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You do absolutely beautiful portraits...

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic shots! the area you live is so beautiful! Great shoot out Sara!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! The writing in the sand is just perfect. Thanks for stopping by today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it funny how as parents we all probably took those angel slumber photos...ahhh the memories of relaxing with my own...love the hot tub, and I could use it right now!

    You have taken us on a journey, and it was wonderful Sarah, thanks for sharing with me :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just beautiful pictures! Most enjoyable!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheers to good days. You and the boys and your friend all look amazing.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful hon!!! You do look relaxed!! That second picture of your kiddo sleeping - stunning!!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved them all, Sara.xx♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed every one! Thank you, Sara.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We both do the same things to relax.

    I remember when the kids were little, I would just sit and watch them sleep.

    We go the the beach even in a rainy blustery winter day, just pack up warm, and off we go.

    My kids love writing their sister's name on the sand as she lives abroad.

    I would love that spa pool. Something my husband couldn't be persuaded to get. We have a heated wave pool here in the suburb, sometimes when Sam goes there, I make a bee line to the spa pool.

    How are you feeling?

    Cheers,

    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is something soothing about writing in the sand, isn't there? Love the shots of your boys in the ultimate state of relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The hot tub is a great place to relax too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Joseff made our photo of the week shot. Great photos, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!