Monday 10 August 2009

Post Chemo and Weekend Fun

Above: My best friend Jan at Saturdays BBQ

I had chemo on Thursday and spent all of Friday in bed feeling weak, with a poorly tummy. However, Jason took the boys to the zoo with some friends and that provided me with time to relax, accept the poisen and recover. It was good.
Above: Sian and Poppy at the BBQ

Saturday was taken up with the boys horse riding. Joe has expressed an interest and because of his years of desperately not wanting to ride, we asked Lisa if he could have a quick trial ride before he decided and we forked out lots of dosh for a riding hat and boots. He rode ARCHIE my favourite! He did well and thoroughly enjoyed himself. Oh dear, when I get over my treatment we will have the entire family riding at Lisa's!!!


Above: Harry in Sians hot tub with Jason

I spent most of Saturday in bed, relaxing and by 5pm we were ready for Jan's BBQ which was being held at Sians house. Let me explain; they both live on a development which was formerly Trevalyn Hall. The hall itself has been divided into flats, Jan lives in the converted stables and there are a number of town houses on the plot. The grounds of the hall are shared and it is beautiful.


The children enjoyed Sian's hot tub which is set in the gardens and is so pretty! I am not telling what happened for the rest of the evening except that we enjoyed some nice wine, steak and chicken kebabs - lovely.

We ended up staying over at Jan's house before making an early retreat home to rescue my dogs!

We decided to join friends at the Dudleston Heath Horse Show. Except we thought it was in Doddleston which is literally a stones throw from our house. A chat with the local vicar, several phone calls and time on the sat nav and we eventually made it to the show! It was a really nice and friendly place and Eleri looked so gorgeous in her outfit. She rode without lead for the first time, such a proud day for her mum Llinos, as Eleri is only 7!
So, despite being a post chemo weekend, it was a thoroughly enjoyable one!

6 comments:

  1. sounds like a very good post chemo weekend! hope you're feeling all better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had fun .....usually when I had chemo I was out cold for a few days and took me another week just to be normal again.
    Happy for you...you had fun....that is important, to see friends and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvellous weekend.. so pleased you felt good enough to enjoy yourself xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara that treatment is behind you know. Come on chemo do what you need too.

    Glad you had a nice weekend and it sounds like a fun one for the boys.

    Love to you sweet friend.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you were able to have such a nice weekend even after the chemo - you are such a trooper! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow even with your rest it sounds like you had a big weekend. Nice to hear that.

    Now rest some more.

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!