Tuesday 29 September 2009

A Good Dog

That is one thing that cancer has definately given me and that is TIME to do something I so enjoy and have not previously had the time to do it and that is READ! Reading is a form of escapism for me. It takes my mind away from cancer treatments, needles, appointments, illness... it takes me to another world and another life.


I have just finished reading the book "A Good Dog" by Jon Katz and am bereft. It is a true story and I found it such a compelling read. I liked the way that the author was truthful and honest about his dog Orson. There is no Hollywood ending here..... just the cold hard facts of life and moral duty.


Jon Katz has had quite a slating over this book and what happened with Orson and this makes me really angry. What right does any human being have over another to judge them. They did not know Orson the dog, they did not live with him, they were not in Jon Katz shoes so how dare they have the audacity and arrogance to judge him.


I live by the code of "judge not lest ye be judged". Nobody knows what they would do if they were put in the shoes of another person so it is not our place to be the judge and jury that is for the hands of a far greater being than us, thank you very much.


Now, let me climb down off my soap box, and lets hope I dont trip up while I get off...... no of course I wont trip, I haven't had a glass of wine...... oops...... sorry...... private joke.


Seriously, this is a great book, not one to be read without hankies but one which has evoked powerful emotions in me......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!