Saturday 5 September 2009

My Boys at the Stables

Didn't feel too bad this morning as my meds kicked in so when Jason suggested going with him and the boys riding, I thought it would be a great idea. Also, Harry has been very attached to me the last week or so and he began to have a melt down. Once he realised that I was coming to watch him ride, his mood lifted. So, here is my husband riding Gemma. Poor Gemma, look at the size of him on her. He is preparing to ride without stirrups for the lesson.
Abi adjusting Harry's stirrups, he is riding Benny. He is a real dare devil on horse back, he knows no fear and is so comfortable in the saddle. He thinks the world of Abi and has a special relationships with her.

Joe riding my favourite pony, Archie with Alys leading. Joe has only had 4 lessons so far and is doing really well.


We lost Harry for a while then found him helping the girls to groom Benny. Alys was in charge and helped Harry to brush him correctly.



This is the stables dog, Milan. He is a Newfoundland and I adore him. He is like a huge teddy bear.




This is the stables sheep.

I really enjoyed my time watching the boys ride, I didn't take as many photos as I thought I might. We journeyed to Glyn Ceiriog with the aim of going to the local dog show but once we got there my chemo took over. My arms and legs became very weak and then I started to feel as though I was going to pass out. We did a U turn and came home instead and I spent the afternoon in bed.

Trouble is...I take it easy, I feel better, I do to much..... great cycle of Sara's life. Roll on when chemo ends!





4 comments:

  1. You said it exactly right -- "I take it easy, I feel better, I do too much"...you aren't the only one who has this "affliction" (lol!) so take heart Sara...I think women around the world do this, even without chemo!! So the good lesson in this is to remember that just because you are feeling "better" it doesn't mean you are ready to climb Kilimanjaro!! ;)

    Looks like the boys are really enjoying the riding...and for Harry this is exceptionally wonderful...that communication and communion with an animal is so vital and reaches him on a deep level. Lovely!!!

    Now, rest, rest, rest, no more feeling like you might pass out...promise?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your family had a good time with the horses.It is good that Harry likes to groom the horses. So you have only one more cycle to get through and let the healing begin. Just to be outside should help your spirits. I hated doing chemo in the winter because I was stuck inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks both for your words of support, it means such alot. Harry has a great bond with animals and it was lovely to see them all riding and having fun, thinking all the time, "that will be me soon"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun day for EVERYONE ;--)
    Methinks that finding the right BALANCE between rest and activity is an on-going challenge for most of us ... my prayers and positive thoughts are with you as you get through this next phase.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!