Tuesday 12 January 2010

War Horse


Image courtesy of Amazon UK
I have just finished reading the book called War Horse by Michael Morpugo. It is a childrens book but I found it to be a captivating read.
I bought it for my eldest son as he enjoyed "Born to Run" by the same author which was bought for him as a Christmas gift from his nana. I enjoyed the book as well so being a lover of horses, I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one.
The story is told through the eyes of a horse called Joey. A bitter sweet tale of suffering, love, loss and friendship during the first world war.
I knew that horses were used during the first world war but hadn't realised to what extent and how valuable they were.
This is a book that will be treasured along with Black Beauty, Son of Black Beauty, Greyfriars Bobby, Copper and My Dog Skip to name but a few.
I am grateful for not getting up late this morning, for being able to read because books bring such joy and knowledge, for having a warm home during this hard and cold winter, for my animals who bring me comfort and companionship and for my family whom I love dearly.

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful that I met you. I am grateful that you are well.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is such a blessing to read your post, your choice of books are wonderful and I am pleased to say I have read most of them, I read almost everything I can get my hands on. Have a great day..........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!