Saturday 23 January 2010

Jilly


My little guineapig, Jilly, died yesterday.
I think that it must have been a heart attack because there were no signs that her passing was coming. She was an older guineapig and I think the really cold temperatures have been hard on her even though she lives with other guineapigs in the shed.
She had a good life.
She was part of a group of 6 guineapigs and they live in a large enclosure with huts and tunnels and wood logs to sit on and chew.
Most guineapigs live in cages but at least she was free.
She was a lovely guineapig. She looked like a brillo pad. My toddler neighbour thought she looked like a hedgehog. She was a Rex guineapig and had wiry hair.
I will miss her.

7 comments:

  1. Dear Sara,
    I too survied Cancer in 2005. The word to others is have stamina, and be tenacious,
    never give up.
    Sorry about your pet. I have my 13 year old
    Dog and he is my soul mate. I can't love him enough.

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, Sara...I'm sorry that you've lost this sweet little creature. She did look a bit like a gopher or something...but the face is definitely guinea pig. Sweetest little creatures, they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your little guinea pig. It hurts to see pets go. My pug Spud is over 14 years and each day sleeps more and more. I am bracing myself for the day that he just doesn't wake up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you lost your little heart creature. It is so easy to get attached. Have a grand chipmunk we are afraid may go any day. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwwww, we are so sorry to hear about Jilly. What a cutie she was!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww I am so sorry to read about your pet, one of many by the sounds of it. I'm sure she had a wonderful home while living.
    Sara, you have the most wonderful header pictures.......:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your kind words. Jilly brought me a great deal of pleasure and I will miss her so much.

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!