Sunday 1 November 2009

Glad to Have My Blog Back

Before I get started on this blog, I just want all of my blogging friends to look at the picture above of Mike Peters and his wife Jules. They helped found the Love Hope Strength Foundation which aims to put cancer centres in every country and make cancer a curable disease. Mike himself has battled the beast twice in the last 15 years and his type of cancer is incurable but can be managed.
They have done so much, you must visit the LHS website to see what amazing things they have achieved. They have donated thousands to the cancer centre where I received part of my treatment. They have climbed Everest, Snowdon and now more recently Kilimanjaro.
As a result of this quest, Jules is now seriously ill in hospital suffering with not only DVT but a tropical disease. She is in isolation so will not even be able to see her two very young sons. I want you all to say a prayer for this amazing person. Hold her in your thoughts and pray for a fast recovery.
So.... I am back home from the caravan and now I can access my blog and everyone elses. It has been quite frustrating not being able to visit blogs or even pick up the comments left on my blog! I will be busy catching up with you all over the next week.
I am back in the pink! I only let myself have one blue day every once in a while, I think it helps to cleanse the mind and body but thank you for all of your messages of support which helped turn me from blue to pink.
The only other frustration I have at the moment is that my scan disk is not allowing me to upload my pictures so my wonderful husband has allowed me to use his from the holiday and will be working to fix my disk so that I can share the fab photos I took on holiday.
The above picture is of Joe pretending to fly a "Vampire" aeroplane at the museum.


Harry loves aeroplanes and so last Christmas we bought him an authentic pilots flight suit and Jason managed to get badges and a beret which he loves. In this picture we were on Llanbedrog Beach and he was busy enacting war scenes. This took me back years to my own child hood when I used to play the same games with my brothers!


Harry was flying a helicopter in this picture and by the look on his face, I think he must have been about to crash!


This is me and my Joe, Jason was insisting on taking photos of me which I dont like because of my weight gain, hair and general poor self image. We decided to pull extreme faces for this one!
We had a lovely week away, it is so relaxing on the Llyn. The best moments were the air museum because the look on Harrys face when we got there was just why I love being a mum, I also enjoyed the bonfire on the beach. Warm autumn night with leaves falling onto the sand, the magic of the fire, waves crashing on the beach and only us there - what a magical experience.






6 comments:

  1. It's great to have you back! Looking forward to your own photos, but these were great in the meantime!

    Certainly my best wishes go out to Jules for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara the photos were great and you looked great too. Your friends will be in my prayers too wishing her a speedy recovery...
    Alli XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look great! good color in your face. wishing a speedy recovery for your friend Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joe and Harry are such precious, cute kids. I do like your hair! Seems like you were spared the chemocurls so many of us have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen your comments many times on my blog but just now checked you out. I'm ashamed at my bitchiness and amazed at your strength! I will certainly be back. Hang in there, Gawjus!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahayyy.. Welcome back Sara

    Your photo's are great and look how long your hair is now.... your doing great kiddo xx

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!