Sunday 15 November 2009

Love and Light

I was up at 6am this morning because this cold had clogged me up big time. After quite a few cups of tea things got better and once I had taken the dogs out for a long walk, the autumn breeze had blown away the last of the cobwebs. Had a fab afternoon spent with friends in the valley, amazing to see the rivers almost bursting their banks and water sprouting from every part of the mountain. I remember driving through Snowdonia this time last year on such a day and the gushing streams were just amazing.


On our way to our friends house, we passed through the town of Chirk. I caught a glimpse of such love, life and vitality, the momentary glimpse has left an imprint on my mind. I saw a father pushing his baby in a pushchair. His wife hid behind her husband then jumped out to surprise the baby. As she did so, her long hair swung around her and her face was lit up with such love and joy..... She reminded me of me with my babies, the sort of thing I did with them. I wished I could have taken a snapshot and kept it to remind me how good it is to be alive.


My arm and shoulder is so weak. Now I am begining to do more things I am realising just how much the surgery and treatment has taken out of my body. I am still numb under my arm and on part of my breast and still have pain if I over do things. The most frustrating part of it is that I don't have strength, not even to scrub hard when cleaning. I am not worried because I know it will come back, I will make sure of that. I am running, I have started to swim again and I am aqua jogging - they will all help with lower and upper body strength.


Love and Light!

3 comments:

  1. a very beautiful post Sara. you are very observant also to notice in detail all that is going on around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful moment to catch sight of! I love glimpses like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara what I love about your posts, you put your reader in the country with you.....

    I know what you mean about the pain in your shoulder...I have it and I still get a phantom pain in my breast. I am stretching trying to keep things limber, however when you have that severe pain in your shoulder it takes an effort just to move.

    Alli xxx

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!