Wednesday 18 November 2009

My Big Surprise!

Today, I collected my big surprise...... my mini cooper.


I learnt to drive in a Mini, passed my test in a Mini and my first car was a Mini. I was gutted when I had to part with it for practical reasons. When BMW took over the Mini name, I fell in love with the car, it became my dream car. I never thought in a million years that I would ever own one myself but with the year we have had, the fact that I have faced my own mortality we decided, "what the heck" and went ahead and ordered our first ever brand new car.

I love it!


It has USB, blue tooth, auto lights, auto wipers, climate control and the one I love the best.....heated windows! No more waiting for the car to de-mist or de-frost.

So there you have it....... my big surprise!

We recently bought a new bed, had fitted wardrobes put in and new carpets. This is part of the room. The crosses above my bed were given to me by my boys. They bought the hand crafted crosses from our church, said a prayer at the alter and then gave them to me when I was ill with my chemo. Jason mounted them and they go so well with our new decor. The large cream heart hanging from the door was given to me by Harry when I was losing my hair in an effort to cheer me up.

Life will never be the same, post cancer.

15 comments:

  1. It may not be the same, but it can be equally as good if it was great to begin with.

    The car is fabulous but I love the bedroom.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your car is too cute, and your bedroom lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Sara it won't be the same but it will be better. OR as good. Simply because of where you have been with cancer. Life is just different and our perspective changed it takes time to take it all in. Then one day you think *Wow I did that and I survived!* Empowering stuff..
    Love the car and bedroom.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve the new car, its great...love your bedroom
    Enjoy them both xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great present! Especially a Mini!

    Now I wonder how I talk Linda into a our buying a new car?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful!!! Now you can blog in your new mini since it has USB :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'M SO JEALOUS of your beautiful mini and your wonderful bedroom set. You deserve it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your good will comments. We have been cautious all our married lives and after this year we decided to throw caution to the wind and live because none of us know what is around the corner xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me, anyway, life after cancer is different. It is better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a surprise too. I arrived home from Chemo yesterday to find a gift from you!

    Thank you and Linda thanks you too.

    The timing of its arrival couldn't have been better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey .. my first car was a little red mini. Still love them. Would like a little Cooper - but have for the first time have something that is just as nice. Just love getting in it,turning the music up and putting my foot down ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute car and with all of those added options, fantastic! heated windows!! I am jealous... :-) happy for you. one of my mottos from way way back....... live for today for tomorrow may never come.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for you. The car looks like it will be great fun and your room should be in a magazine. We all need a reminder to make the most of every day. You are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!