Wednesday 7 October 2009

Sleep! Sleep! Where for Art Thou Sleep?

I thought that because I was feeling good and more myself that sleep would return....... How wrong I was!!!!

The last few nights I have been awake despite trying to prepare myself for sleep such as reading etc which usually works a treat. Last night I was awake until 3.30am - I kept looking at Jasons bedside clock wishing the time to pass. Harry joined us then which would have made sleep even more impossible so I put on my dressing gown and took myself off to Harrys bed which, at the moment is a mattress on the floor because we are having new carpets fitted.
I managed to fall asleep at around 4.30am then up at 7am to sort out the rooms ready for the carpet people.

So why can't I sleep? I have vivid nightmares/dreams too. They evoke real emotions within me which I find disturbing when I wake.

Lets hope this phase will pass hey.
The new carpets are being fitted as I type..... I am so excited!

4 comments:

  1. Yipes!

    I hate not being able to sleep, especially when there's no good reason.

    Hope sweet dreams return to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go mad very quickly when I don't sleep. Sometimes I take sleeping tablets, but you can also download sleep meditations for your ipod, which I find brilliant. I rarely get beyond the first two minutes of the track - I'm gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pills are you taking dear friend?

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that sleeping is difficult. I know how you feel because there are some nights when I toss and turn, too. Some things that have helped me are avoiding caffeine after 3:00pm, getting some fresh air and walking during the day, and reading a bland book before bedtime (but avoid reading in bed). Hope you find some peace and are able to sleep tonight!

    When I was taking steroids during the chemo, sleeping was impossible and the nightmares (when I did drift off) were pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!