Tuesday 24 March 2009

Chemo Session 1 - Day 5

Didn't get much sleep again last night and despite another 3 senokot tablets, no relief!
Wonderful husband got the kids to school and I managed up enough energy to appear normal and do some jobs to help them get ready for school, usual things; help H get dressed, encourage tooth brushing, positive remarks about their new hair cuts.... simple things but until you are hit by something like this, you don't realise how draining they are.
WH sought advice from our local pharmacist in Rossett (wonderful chap) and returned home with a product and advice that I was assured would work, given patience. A fellow friend had recommended this product too, so lets hope it works!
Felt so tired that I just had to go to bed. Didn't want to do my blog, read, write, watch TV or surf the net, I just wanted to sleep! Lay there with my head buzzing and tears of frustrationg rolling down my cheeks, it is awful!
Brain Wave!!!! One of my fad purchases was a hypnosis CD by Glenn Harrold "How to Lose Weight". I remembered that each time I used that CD, I relaxed and fell asleep... I had never heard that CD to the end...!!!!!!! Great!!!!! Scrabble to find earphones (they work better with this CD), managed to scrouge some from sons room and BINGO!
Did it work?..................................................................................................................................................
YES!!!!!!!!
Result! Didn't get much sleep but enough of a power nap to give me some of the energy back that I needed to have for when my boys get home!
Plan is now to surf the net to find out if this Glenn Harold guy has any positive thought or relax CD's that may put me into a deeper sleep.
So, I have had a bit of sleep, some good advice from my pharmacist. WH tells me he is making chilli tonight and I don't feel sick so my karma is back for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!