Wednesday 19 May 2010

sigh.....


This cheeky chap is my youngest son, Harry Llewelyn (named after two great Princes). He is going to be 9 years old on Friday and I can't believe how fast the time has flown.
Harry was diagnosed with autism a few years ago and has help at school. He struggles with language and communication and this doesnt just mean the spoken word, it covers social language, gestures, the unwritten code of conduct... He also struggles with change so any change in routine no matter how minor will affect his sleeping patterns and his behaviour.
So as his birthday approaches, I have had a testing time with Harry. His behaviour during these periods of unrest push me beyond comprehension. Today, I am struggling with a tension headache and feeling sick, my tummy is all knotted up.
I know that a birthday should be fun and eagerly anticipated. Harry doesn't really know when his birthday is, he still isn't sure when his party will take place and this confusion leaves him anxious.
So only a couple of days to go and hopefully the storm will have passed.

1 comment:

  1. He certainly is a cute little boy. I hope that he will enjoy his birthday even if it is a break in his routine.
    Time does fly, doesn't it. One moment I am holding my first born daughter and then I am holding her baby sons.

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!