Sunday 16 May 2010

Secret Post and Muleberry Show

I am lucky to be a member of Heathers Secret Post Club www.notesfromlapland.blogspto.com. Once a month I am sent the details of the person I need to send a package too and my details are given to someone else. The idea is that you receive a package but its a surprise. My package arrived on Saturday from mamacrow and I was thrilled to bits because of the thought and care put into my package. Mamacrow had obviously read my blog because she has gifted me the most appropriate things: a nail buffer and nail strengthener for my brittle and splitting nails, a gorgeous book mark, a poetry book on horses and a packet of polo mints for our pony Cola - how kind! Thank you mamacrow from the bottom of my heart!


There was an Old Man of Nepaul
From his horse had a terrible fall;
But,
Though they split quite in two,
By some very strong glue
They mended that Man of Nepaul
by Edward Lear (1812-1888)
Harry and Jason

Today we went to Muleberry show about half an hours drive from us in North Wales. Our friend was competing with two of her Shetland ponies and we decided to tag along for the experience. The only bad thing that went wrong was the fact that Harry lost his wobbly tooth and did actually lose it on the show ground. This is him crying with his dad. We have told him to write a letter to the tooth fairy and she will still visit him tonight!

Llinos with Mari-Ann and Eleri (her daughter) with Ernie
Llinos and Eleri did so well today bringing home over 10 rosettes with quite a few firsts. This photo was taken during the last class of the day for them and it was the championships. Mari-Ann is only 2 years old and up until last Thursday had never been led in a head collar before. There are alot of things that filly hasn't experienced but thankfully, she has landed on her hooves and has found herself a wonderful and caring home - under the careful handling and love of Llinos, this filly is going to shine.


The views from the show ground were stunning as it was located at the base of Rhuallt hill.

The sun was shining and although it was still chilly, it was a glorious day, a perfect day for showing! When we get our trailer fixed up, Cola will be competing at this show, lets hope he wins lots and lots of rosettes!



2 comments:

  1. You have touched my heart. That little girl in the hard hat. I remember when My Daughter Renee got her first riding outfit. It's so wonderful children and Horses. They are only young once and My Daughter had her Daughter Ride also. Pretty post.

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is very supportive for me. Please always post like this, it’s very good stuff. Very thanks a lot. Keep always do posting.

    MBA Operations Management Project

    MBA Finance Project

    MBA HR Project

    MBA Project for HR

    MBA Marketing Project

    Buy MBA Project

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!