Wednesday 7 April 2010

Almost a Week!

I can't believe that its almost a week since I last posted a blog! How quickly time flies now that I am feeling better!

Well not quite!

My nails are snapping and flaking and I have an infection in my right index finger. The infection has been there for almost a week now and it is getting better but so very slowly. Such a small thing but so much pain. I started to come down with a cold today so all in all, I feel pretty rough.
We managed to get Harry a new pair of riding boots. Buying clothes and footwear for him is so difficult because of his sensory problems, he feels every stitch, every label so it is difficult, very difficult. Anyway, he loves his new riding boots because he says that they are so soft inside.
The boys had a lesson off me in the menarge today. Boys includes Jason. They all did very well but its 30 years since I gave lessons or did any schooling or dressage but it is coming back to me slowly.

I went to the Breast Cancer Support Group meeting last night and was relieved to find out that swollen hands and feet seems to be a side effect of herceptin. Well I am half way through so at least it wont be forever.

I have been back on my weight watchers diet, eating well and concentrating on getting my B vitamins so I put spinach in everything..... Spinach in my soup, in my ghoulash, in my chilli..... you get the picture! I have been trying to snack on pumpkin seeds too which are high in iron. I must say that since my reiki and vitamin B supplements, things have got slightly better! My bloods all came back as normal but I dont know whether to be relieved or worried.
Apparently, the most critical time for re-occurance of breast cancer is the first 2 years after treatment. I suppose then, I am in the "comfort" zone because I will be having treatment until October 2010 so the clincher years will be Oct 2011 and Oct 2012!!! Nah!!! it aint coming back.
I went to look at a Shire x Cob with my friend on Bank Holiday Monday. He was lovely but had a pastern injury which showed. The owner assured us that it would improve with work but £500 was alot of money for a horse which really may not be used again. He was a darling though and if I could afford the upkeep of a second horse I would have made an offer myself because he would have been a good ride for Jason being slightly taller than Cola. Mac, my last horse had a bone spavin so I am used to horses with leg injuries.... As the old man by my school (Mr Jones) used to sing to me "kay Sera Sera, whatever will be will be"..... funny..... he would give me a sweet and ask me my name, I would reply "Sara" and he would sing that song.... same ritual every time....

4 comments:

  1. Probably a good idea to go to the support group. Sounds like you have every thing down to a good plan. That is good too. I love horses but have never had one or even thought about having one. My son raises quarterhorses and that is as close as I get. blessings to you.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your nails and your finger infection heals quickly......take care of yourself my friend, many prayers for you and your family.
    .........:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello.
    Please read how IVF medications led to my breast cancer and how a breast cancer study using

    genetic testing to check estrogen metabolism is saving my life. Please share my story with all

    women who have used or are considering IVF, HRT and anyone with estrogen positive breast

    cancer.

    Thanks
    Stacia
    http://www.ivfbreastcancer.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so very sorry about your cancer. hideous disease. Stay strong, I will pray for you

    ReplyDelete

I value each and every comment left, they keep me going and give me strength!